Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First for 2010


My goodness, I looked at the date on my last post the other day and thought, Crikey ! was it really that long ago that I rambled on this old dusty digital chalkboard. Sure its been Holidays and New years and all, but it's already February, and I haven't posted a single thing... shame.

I guess it might have something to do with being struck down by hooping cough or bronchitis or something similar for the last month or so, not pleasant, getting very staggered sleep and constantly feeling light headed, but the worst of it is the passing out, the coughs get so severe as to at times cause me to pass out resulting in coming to finding yourself slumped on the floor without having any idea how you got there, very weird sensation indeed. The last passing out incident must have been quite severe as I broke a rib and was left with a fat lip and face that looked like I was involved in a brawl.

Anyways, the result is feeling quite sore whilst having to take numerous medication for the cough and now also for the pain.

Ok enough about my injuries.

Have not been doing much over the last month writing music, though have played a few gigs with various bands. A new band called the Jitterbuggers have had their debut show which went down real well, we mainly do swing and dance numbers which seems to have quite a following especially with beginners and professional dancers.

I have also been doing a Johnny O'Keefe and Elvis show which once again draws quite an audience.

The cover band Only Human is also gearing up with gigs and such with a new website which I threw together (very basic,nothing flash) which can be seen at http://www.onlyhumanlive.com/ The main improvement is that it now has a decent sound sample available for streaming which we recorded in the studio here one afternoon a week or two back.

Apart from music, After having experienced the magic of Avatar and its 3D effects, I have been chasing up 3D movies to watch, needless to say that none have come up to par. though I have become a somewhat 3D addict.

As the doc has ordered me to take it easy for this rib to heal up, i will be spending some major time in the studio doing some recording, so maybe expect something new soon.


Cheers.

No comments: